Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year’s resolutions

One of my blog readers asked me if I had a New Year resolution either personally or for my business. In my case personal and business is the same as it is the lifestyle I have chosen that intertwines both inextricably. That’s in a way easy to say but difficult to achieve. Actually since I returned to Sri Lanka at the end of November 2004, my resolution has broadly been unchanged and I am still on course albeit exceedingly behind schedule.

I want to build a small agro based enterprise, where I directly supply my own and neighbors’ products direct to consumers. Anyone interested can be my paying guest visiting and staying at my establishments, enjoying the fruits of my labor and the beauty of the surroundings in which I live. I would like wherever possible to be their personal guide to showcase these places that are not generally presented to traditional tourists, and where their presence does not interfere with traditional rural life except perhaps to enhance and regenerate skills that have disappeared, by marketing to a ready clientele.

They sound very noble objectives, which are very hard to achieve in a world that is changing even in rural areas beyond recognition. I have struggled hitherto with every obstacle placed before me as my blog can testify, but I remain steadfast in my resolution, that what I am doing is right and achievable. I am still hopeful that I will eventually be able to achieve a level of satisfaction, and with so many people both personally and through the blogs telling me that they wish they could be doing what I have embarked upon it gives me courage to pursue and overcome the inevitable obstacles.

More specifically for this year, I have hopes, that I would finally be able to finish the work on my forest lodge to house my guests. The ‘Kumbuk Pokuna Lodge’ www.ratmale.blogspot.com and to build a proper bathroom at my Raja Ela property, Kumbuk Thuduwa, so I can accommodate visitors both for meals and overnights, so that they don’t have to stay in hotels as is done now. I would moreover wish for a reliable driver cum man Friday to take care of my weekly sales so I don’t have to be rushing driving myself in the dead of night on a Sunday to meet my delivery schedule to my home delivery customers in Colombo on Mondays.

If I were to dream, I would like to get a second covered delivery vehicle to more frequently deliver fresh produce to eager long suffering customers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Respect, respect for taking up the challenge. I live in Europe but keep heading back to Sri Lanka. Just doodling around on the net I came across your blog...well, sounds like you have a very interesting business idea which appeals to the 'health-conscious environmentalist' in me. Yes, I would be a paying guest and experience the village life. I will be Sri Lanka in early February and hope to get in touch. Vero

Roshanthi said...

Very interesting! What inspired you?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices as regards the velcros were approximately 330 dollars on every site. But finally I set this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching for the sake of that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the velcros were about 300 bucks on every site. But finally I base this area selling them for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching for that exact brand. The prices seeking the shoes are approximately 240 bucks on every site. But for all I bring about this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on
sites I stumbleupon every day. It's always exciting to read through content from other writers and use a little something from their websites.
Here is my blog post : GFI Norte

Unknown said...

moncler outlet

moncler sale

moncler jackets

moncler tracksuit

moncler coats

moncler uk

moncler jacket

moncler outlet uk

moncler kids

moncler hat

moncler coat

moncler t shirt

moncler women

moncler men

moncler london

moncler trainers

moncler sale uk

moncler beanie

moncler polo shirt

mens moncler jackets

moncler jackets for men

moncler mens jackets

moncler hoodie

moncler shorts

moncler jumper

moncler mens

cheap moncler jackets

moncler hats

moncler hoody

moncler clothing

mens moncler

moncler womens coats

moncler ski jacket

moncler online

moncler puffer jacket

womens moncler coats

moncler body warmer

moncler bicester

cheap moncler

moncler selfridges